Thursday, November 6, 2008

What did I forget?


Next week, we're taking Alia to Florida to meet her Grandpa, my Dad. He is the only grandparent she has yet to meet, as he had a medical situation that made it impossible for him to travel to California to meet her.

Because I'm me, I've been jotting down a list of things to take with us to make our journey across the country more comfortable fore everyone. I usually do this for my and Ajay's packing as well. That way nothing is overlooked and I arrive at my destination prepared.

Now that we have an almost 4 month old, I'm shocked to realize that my own packing and organization has fallen by the wayside. Not a single item has been marked on a list for myself or Ajay. Not a single mention of eye cream or cotton pads on a single scrap of paper throughout our house. Nope...in my bag I foresee a pair of jeans, some socks, 3 shirts, and some deodorant. And maybe some makeup if I remember. And in Ajay's bag? I dunno...ask him!

But in Alia's bag? In Alia's bag there will be her noise machine, baby monitor, bottle warmer, 100 diapers, 200 wipes, a portable changing table that folds in half, the scented plastic bags for disposing of used diapers. She'll have bottles, rings, nipples, her bottle brush, formula (both premixed and powder packets), bibs, burp cloths, and of course her Boppy. Alia will have shampoo, body wash, wash cloths, moisturizer, q-tips, cotton pads, baby freshener (leave on soap for spot cleaning between baths) face wipes, hair brush, comb, barrettes. She'll have her Gripe Water, gas medicine, baby Tylenol, nasal aspirator, nail clippers. She won't be without her sun hat, 4 outfits per day, 2 pj's per night, a jacket, her Uggs, oh, and her Mary Jane socks. Alia will have her favorite swaddle blanket, her Baby Bjorn, a variety of cuddly toys, her favorite books. Just to name a few things.

No comments: