
Alia on her first flight

Well, a lot has happened since I wrote before Alia's first transcontinental trip. She flew. She met her grandparents. She slept through the night...12 hours in a row!!!! She turned 4 months old. She ate out at restaurants. She got comfortable traveling in her car seat. See? So much has happened in so little time! So with so much to report, I think I'll break it up among a few blogs.
Dad watching as Ajay helps Alia decide what to order First, as I mentioned, Alia flew on an airplane, and she did so well. I was so proud of her. On the first leg, from Southern California to Atlanta, she was a dream. She smiled at everyone who passed by. She ate a little, slept a little, played a little. She was patient with Mommy when I tried to change her gigantic poopy diaper in the airplane bathroom that didn't have a changing table (because that extra fold down shelf would have been too much for the men who build airplanes to think about....f*ckers). Then, we touched down in Atlanta. We hit the Medallion lounge, where people looked at her skeptically, but she was no threat to their relaxation...she slept like a little angel when she wasn't looking around happily.
Then we boarded our final flight from Atlanta to Daytona. That's when it all became too much. Alia snapped. She didn't want to fly anymore. She didn't want to be on that cold plane. She didn't want to see any more new faces. She didn't want her little tiny ears to pop again. She was done. And she cried. And cried. And then cried some more. Thank the baby Jesus that the flight was only 55 minutes long. As we landed, after waling at the top of her lungs the entire flight, Alia got a case of the happys. As people deplaned, the shot us dirty looks, and Alia responded to each and every one with smiles and cooing noises. That's my little charmer.
1 comment:
Welcome back. I'm glas you're going to continue your blog. I like reading about Alia's adventures.
Post a Comment