Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Chalupa


When Alia goes to sleep, she is nearly always swaddled. We have dubbed her the Baby Burrito...as in, "Oh, are you tired, Alia? Is it time to make a Baby Burrito?".

I don't think I've explained in full detail Alia's sleeping habits, aside from mentioning that she sleeps better next to me at night so we are co-sleeping for now. Well, that's kind of an understatement. Alia can't sleep without being held, or at least touched, by a human. That's right. During her daytime naps, I'm almost always holding her for the entire duration. I know...you're now totally amazed that I ever manage a shower, aren't you. Okay, now that I've admitted this, I'll take it a step further....

Sometime last week, while holding Alia during a marathon daytime nap, my arms were aching from being improperly supported. So I grabbed a nearby pillow, and put Alia on it. She loved it. She slept and slept and slept in her new setup...wrapped tightly in a blanket, with a pillow wrapped around that...

When Ajay got home that night, I showed him my new contraption that at least freed up my arms during her naps. Smiling he said "wow, Baby Burrito is wrapped in a Taco...I guess that makes her a Chalupa now!"

So now, at nap time, I say "Is Alia tired? Is it time for a Chalupa?"



No comments: