Friday, September 26, 2008

Here we go...again!


Yesterday I prepared Alia to meet her maker. NO, silly, not God...Dr. H! Our fertility doctor!!! Don't you know by now I'm an atheist?

So, we finally got it together to meet with Dr. H and talk about IVF, Round Deux. We figured it was time to discuss Alia's little frozen siblings, and how to make them into playmates for her.

First of all, can I just say how cute Alia looked? She was a real head turner yesterday, and Dr. H said it was possible that Alia is the cutest she's ever had a hand in creating. I bet she says that to all her patients, but I don't care! I'm easy to please!

So Dr. H wasn't altogether clear about why we were meeting, and was wide eyed and happy when I told her I was ready to think about our next baby. Already.

So here's what we learned. Ideally, we should wait til month 5 or 6 post-birth of Alia to begin hormones. Then, month 6 or 7, we'll put in some frozen embryos.

I have four excellent embryos just waiting to turn into babies. We saved the highest quality embryos in hopes of them having a better chance of taking after being frozen. Still, I was a little disheartened to hear that the chances of a baby from these frozen embryos is only 35%...which is better odds than I'd have trying on my own or with IUI. But I was hoping for better odds. I recall that when I went through IVF the first time, the chances were upward of 70% to get pregnant. So I do feel a little skeptical to get my hopes up, but at the same time, I want to think positive and invite only positive thoughts into our little universe.

So we're looking at around December for our first round of drugs...January at the earliest for implantation.

That said, I will be 100% happy and fulfilled if Alia is my only baby. I am so in love with this little girl...she's enough. So whatever happens, I'm a very VERY lucky girl.


No comments: