Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slow motion

Yawn.

It seems like I've hit the slow spot in this pregnancy. Time is dragging. I am really thankful to be feeling so good and having all the yucky early pregnancy symptoms behind me, but here I am, right in the middle. And time seems to be standing still. 23 weeks. Over half way there but a long way to go. Still in the second trimester, with the third being nowhere in sight. And not a single sip of champagne to make it more fun! (I've always liked champagne, but why is it that now that it's off limits, my mind seems to love the idea of champagne. A champagne cocktail...or by itself...a mimosa with breakfast on Sunday. Damn you, champagne! How you taunt me!)

I know the baby is fully formed and now just needs to grow and gain weight...but knowing that she's fully formed makes me even more anxious to get her out of there and meet her! She's kicking....or more like tapping me every day now. When she taps, I tap back...it's how we interact at this point. I'm really looking forward to having my new little friend here in our house. Or in a nice baby back pack (or front pack?) traveling the world. Me and Ajay and Alia traipsing through Argentina....or India...or anywhere that requires a plane flight---which by the way, is also currently off limits.

So maybe this is the time to re-learn the lesson. I seem to be longing for things for no other reason than they're currently out of reach. So wouldn't that be a good reminder for me to enjoy the now? Enjoy the present time when I don't have to change any diapers, and my time is completely free for what I want to do?

Except drinking champagne on an airplane!

No comments: