This week I've had a definite dip in my energy...the burst of energy I felt for the past couple of weeks seems to have been replaced with lethargy and laziness. I think pregnancy just goes through phases. It could also be that for the first time in a long time, I've been having a lot of growing pains. I can imagine my little girl thinking, "it sure is tight in here...maybe if I kick at this exact spot over and over again, it'll give me some space". Two nights ago, I was convinced that she had kicked a hernia into my abdominal wall!
While I've been low-energy, I've been spending time on low-energy things. One day, I decided to re-organize my photos on my computer. I came across trip after trip after trip that Ajay and I have taken since we got together in 2003. Greece, Australia, Turkey, the Middle East, Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam, Spain, and shorter trips within the U.S. to New York, Miami, the Keys, San Francisco, San Diego, and weekends up in Los Angeles...as well as family visits back to Indiana and Florida. All the photos made me yearn for travel. This is probably the longest we've ever gone without a trip that requires an airplane. And don't get me wrong, I don't love flying. I don't even like flying. In fact, one might say at any given time, flying may just terrify me to the point of need a lot of cocktails mixed with anti-anxiety pills!
Last summer we took a break in our infertility treatments so we could go to Turkey for a family wedding. Since then, we really haven't gone anywhere...with a full schedule of month to month fertility treatments and procedures, and now being fortunate enough to be pregnant and grounded from travel, for the first time, summer is approaching and there are no trips on the horizon. I'm itching to go some place where I don't understand the language and cars look different! Some place I haven't been before, and if I've been there before, let it be Paris or Turkey!
With the weakness of the dollar and the strength of the Euro, Ajay and I talked about checking out South America this winter. By then the baby will be about 6 months old and ready to go explore the world. We're thinking Buenos Aires, or even wine country in Chile. Or how about Tierra del Fuego...the southern most tip of South America? I don't know if there is a single point of interest there, but ever since I took a Latin American studies class in college, I've loved the name Tierra del Fuego...I don't know why. Regardless, I imagine us traipsing around with a baby back pack of supplies on one of us, and a baby back pack with a baby in it on the other. Getting the lay of a foreign land with a new member in our little family.
1 comment:
Andrea - hope you are OK - love you loads - and why not Costa Rica??? I get the travel bug thingy! Colleen
Post a Comment