Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guilty pleasure

Rock of Love 2....there, I said it. I feel dirty, yes, but I said it.

I got an email a little while ago from a friend from college. She confided in me that this mindless reality show is among her guilty pleasures. I don't think I've admitted this on the blog before, but I have not missed a single episode of Rock of Love, season 1 or season 2. In fact, I hope Bret Michaels never finds true love so this show can air new episodes year after year. I know, I'm sorry Bret. I just don't know who else could host such a phenomenal show.

So last week's season finale got me a little fired up. I'm going to insert an email I sent to my sister that captures my feelings on Bret's choice...his Rock of Love....


So here's my email to my sister:

Okay....seriously...I think the bottom line is that Bret is stupid. Daisy is stupid. Amber is annoying. They are all just bluchgh!!!!! Here's my arm chair psychologist analysis....


Bret:
Just like last season, Bret over-thought the whole thing...he chose the girl that most people would deem the "right choice" but Amber is not the right choice for him....his reservations about her were dead-on...do you really think she's the person to go on tour with and watch him make out with other girls and have threesomes with???? Bret chose the girl who he thinks he would like to match up with, but the bottom line is that he's a trashy aging rock star who will always think with his penis and be drawn to the Daisys in the world. He's not up for a real relationship with Amber, and that's okay...a leopard can't change his spots!

Amber:
I don't think she'll be happy with life on the road. I don't think she'd be okay with an "open" relationship either if she stays behind. But Bret is a bad boy...he needs a girl on the road with him if he has any hope of staying loyal to her. And another thing...in the beginning of the finale show, when Daisy, Amber and Bret were having dinner in Cancun, it felt like Amber was trying to win in an interview...she just had the perfect answer for everything and really "handled" things...only in real life, people don't like to be handled or managed. So she made her point...I don't even remember what the point was...but it just felt like she was on a job interview and she's clueless about that characteristic in herself. I really believe Bret's gut feeling was right...this competition was something for Amber to win.

Daisy:
Oh good lord. She should just shut up and look pretty. When they were out on the boat down below having a conversation, Daisy's lack of brains and lack in ability to articulate thoughts and feelings was just painful. Bret posed some very straightforward thoughts and questions, and it was like Daisy just couldn't form thoughts or sentences. And why was she so horrible to Amber...it really did show how immature she was and how she just didn't get it. Her little attempts to start fights and say mean things were just dumb. She looked like she was just out of her league when she tried to interact with Amber.

In conclusion, the whole thing left me feeling like whatever...y'all all deserve each other. Amber will go on being perky and obnoxious and bubbly and keep on trying to prove to herself and everyone else that she is in fact sexy even though that's not really who she is, and Daisy will enter into adult entertainment and have a really nice XXX film career...or maybe she'll end up with Tommy Lee or Eddie Van Halen...who knows. And Bret? He'll have Rock of Love 3 within another year.


Now, just to keep it real, I have to say that my sister had the exact opposite opinion. She felt that Bret did in fact make the right decision by choosing Amber. She's closer to his age, is able to communicate her thoughts, and they seemed to be very comfortable with each other. My sister went on to point out that yes, Bret has lived his life on the road with tons of slutty girls throwing themselves at him, but maybe he's outgrown that at 44 years of age.

My sister has a point...if I were Bret, I would feel like a child molester dating a 25 year old. I mean, he could actually be Daisy's Dad...and that's creepy! I remember after my parents divorced, my sweet lonely Dad dated a girl...a young girl...like, my sister's age...and that was just yucky....but that's a different story for another day. Anyway...maybe Bret is ready for some one with substance...maybe he would like to be with a woman he can be proud of. Maybe Amber is his Rock of Love...I for one hope not. I'm looking forward to Rock of Love 3!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont forget it is Ambre no Amber. I agree with you but what I REALLY cannot wait for is for them to break up so I can watch it again as well. I am so excited about the reunion show on Sunday!!!

This is Mel by the way, in case your blog doesnt tell you that!

Andrea said...

Mel, Thanks for the comment! I just watched the reunion show and was surprised to find AmbRE and Bret still together. I guess my assessment was wrong. However...I was annoyed by her nonstop giggling. When the host of the reunion asked her what she thought about all the women on tour hanging on Bret, she replied "it kind of turned me on" my eyes were rolling...I mean, how hard is she going to try to mirror Bret and prove that she's sexy!? And I also think it's worth noting that Daisy was more articulate and together than I ever dreamed she could be...she actually formed coherent thoughts and was able to speak her mind...good for her. And seriously, how mean was Heather? I think she was really threatened by Daisy...and let's not forget that Heather was exactly where Daisy is now last season...