This morning at 12:12 my niece, Alison, my brother's first child, was born. She weighed just under 7 pounds and is perfect. I can't wait to see her...my brother's wife is from the Philippines, and he's Caucasian, so I just know she's going to be gorgeous. I love Asian/Caucasian mixes...probably a good thing since our little girl will also be Asian Indian mixed with Caucasian!
While her birth is technically about them, I can't help but to get even more excited for my daughter to be born. Yesterday during checkout at a store, the cash register lady asked "when is your baby due?" When I told her July, she said, "oh, that's just around the corner!".
After leaving the store, I was thinking...."no, if this were June, or even July, that would be "just around the corner", but this is March...hellllo? I mean, if I could grow a marsupial pouch and deliver her kangaroo-style right now I would...just so I could see our little girl whenever I want and make sure she's safe and alive.
I am anxious....with what seems to be a long way to go. And seriously, my first trimester flew by. I was 12 weeks in the blink of an eye. But here I am in the middle...of the longest 2nd trimester ever! I still have a long way until I crack into the third trimester.
Okay....what was my post just a few days ago? About enjoying the now? And appreciating the present? Yeah, as you can see, there's a reason I need to go to yoga class to remind myself of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment