Monday, March 3, 2008

19 weeks development

Here's what BabyCenter has to say about 19 weeks....

Our babies weigh about 8 1/2 ounces, and they measure 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Their arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of their bodies now. Their kidneys continue to make urine, and the hair on their scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: our baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Alia has an astonishing 6 million eggs in her ovaries. They'll dwindle to fewer than two million by the time she's born.

BabyCenter also reminded me that I'm just a week shy of being half way there. Then I realized...hang on...these babies are coming out at 38 weeks...that means I AM half way there! Woooohoooooo!

1 comment:

Dave and Natasha said...

Hey, guess what, we are also having b/g twins! We just found out today! I think having a boy and a girl will be so much fun! You should also check out this website that has a calendar for twins pregnancies! I just found it from someone else on cafemom. It is: http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/pregnancy/calendar/twins/16-20