Tuesday, February 5, 2008

15 weeks development

Once again, here is what babycenter.com has to say about 15 weeks development.

Our growing babies now measure about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weigh about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). They're busy moving amniotic fluid through their noses and upper respiratory tracts, which helps the primitive air sacs in their lungs begin to develop. Their legs are growing longer than their arms now, and they can move all of their joints and limbs. Although their eyelids are still fused shut, they can sense light. If I shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, they'll likely move away from the beam. There's not much for our babies to taste at this point, but they are forming taste buds.


Oh, and here's a final thought....instead of having one apple, I have two apples...and they are already remodeling my internal organs making room for themselves...I feel them sitting on an ovary here or pushing on my spine there. I am already feelin' it...big time. Any more Mom's of twins out there? Is it normal to be so big already? Or am I just lucky?

2 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

Hi, this is 1girlplustwins (Natasha) from Cafe Mom. I saw a link to your blog on one of your posts and had to check it out! I also have a blog, and if you don't mind I would love to add a link to your blog on mine so I can read your blog! Like you, I also love hearing about other moms who are pregnant with twins. I am only about a week behind you! It will be interesting to go through this journey of a twin pregnancy, hope all goes well for both of us! If you would like to read my blog it is: daveandtashawilliams.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Of course you can post a link! No problem! I checked out your blog...you are much more web savvy than I am! I tried to get the same widget with the rotating babies and time til delivery but ran into technical difficulties...bummer!