Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Toys

Yesterday, after my ultrasound, I stopped by my neighborhood Room & Board to take a look at cribs. I think I found "the one" but refuse to jinx myself by actually purchasing it. However, I could not resist buying these for the nursery:



Here is another shot...and yes, I posed them in several different ways to capture their cuteness:


Ajay and I have bought several of these cute little guys for friend's babies and our niece, so when I saw the basket of them at Room and Board, I just couldn't resist. And how to choose? I'm not sure, but there were many more where these came from.

After my purchase, I talked to Ajay and let him know that I had made the first purchase for the babies, and he'd get to see the surprise when he got home. When he got home, I had them very cutely arranged in front of the TV (to make sure he'd see them). And that is when the Freudian slip of all Freudian slips happened...I asked him "how cute are my new little friends?" We both realized my mistake in possession, and I immediately added "I mean, how cute are the BABIES' new little friends!".

Because they were for the babies...not for me....seriously....they're not mine...they're for the babies....I didn't sleep with them arranged next to my bed last night. Really! I know they're not mine!

No comments: