Yesterday was also my 12 week scan. They do this scan to measure the back of the babies' necks to help them determine the risk level of downs syndrome. That was my first belly probe ultrasound...up until now they've been doing, well....a more invasive ultrasound. The belly type of probe works on a different frequency and showed us much better detail than what I'm used to seeing. Since we were seeing everything so clearly, I asked the stenographer if she could tell the gender. "Oh, sure, usually I can". This was a shocker for me...considering everything I had heard up until this point was they couldn't tell the gender before 4 months.
She asked if I wanted to know, and of course I did. She moved the probe around and around, pressing here and pressing there. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce everyone to our daughter:
And here is the scan that shows her very strong and regular heartbeat at the bottom of the image:
Then she moved on to Baby B, and repeated the process, the whole time I was watching the baby wiggle a squirm in response to the pressing of the ultrasound probe. Again, without further ado, I'd like to introduce everybody to our son:
And here is another scan showing his very strong healthy heartbeat at the bottom of the image: 
I asked the stenographer how sure she was---could the genders be misrepresented or misinterpreted at this early date? She replied that she would be shocked if she was wrong. Good enough!
Since the test was right across the street from Ajay's hospital, I took the photos over to him. He was finishing up a case, so I waited for him in the nurse's lounge. It was really nice to see all the people that I used to work with when I sold surgical products, and they were more than enthusiastic to see the new pictures while I waited for Ajay. One of the nurses went into his O.R. and told him I was waiting for him with new pictures.
Ajay came into the lounge, a little surprised to see me since I never stop by his work...he has really fast paced days with hardly ever a break in between cases. He said, "hi! you have new pictures?" Up until this point, I hadn't told any of the nurses what I knew; I replied, "Yes, I have new pictures...would you like to see your daughter first or your son?" Ajay's eyes got really big and a huge smile spread across his face....all the nurses shrieked because they were hearing the same info at the same time. Ajay asked "really?!!!!" It was a really happy moment for us....so we celebrated the moment by getting me a cheeseburger (and something healthy and unappetizing for him!)
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy, wow a son and daughter what else could you ask for, that's wonderful.
I find out Feb 14, by then i should be 18 weeks.
YAY!!!!!!!!!
a boy and girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is so awesome:))
PCOS in Indy or Blanca ;)
Hi, Andrea! I've been lurking for a while and usually read your blog while I am nursing my 3-year-old (yes, you read that right, but, hey she is almost done with the process!), so I rarely get time to comment. I have a moment now so I just wanted to say it's a great blog and I'm so, so, so happy for both you and your husband!! A boy & a girl! What wonderful news! We're currently ttc our 2nd (I'm an old broad of almost 44, so we'll see). Anyway, great news and I wish you the best! Hooray for you! Hooray for your babies!!
~Meenoo
Post a Comment