Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Here's a reason NOT to shop

Recently I went to lunch with a girlfriend at our local outdoor mall. After lunch we decided to do a little shopping. I noticed a big sale sign in one of my favorite designer stores, and for a moment, I forgot that I am pregnant. Emphasis on "for a moment".

Behind the counter was a 20 year old, 6 foot 3 slender African American. She was very dark and exotic and looked like your run of the mill super model. I noticed the tiniest of baby bumps on her...hardly noticeable...I would have the same bump after Thanksgiving dinner.

The tall giraffe-like creature asked me, "how far along are you?". I answered "13 weeks". She didn't say anything. Then I added "with twins". She replied, "Ohhhhhh! No wonder you're so BIG!"

And no, I didn't ask her how far along she was, because I couldn't bare to hear the answer....probably something like 29 weeks, I'm sure.

No comments: