Wednesday, January 30, 2008

14 Week Developmental Progress

Here is what BabyCenter.com says about where we're at. We are now in the second trimester! This week's big developments: Our babies can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck their thumbs. Thanks to brain impulses, their facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. Their kidneys are producing urine, which they releases into the amniotic fluid around them a process they'll keep up until birth. They can grasp, too, and when we have our next ultrasound, we may even catch them sucking their thumbs. In other news: Our babies are stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches about the size of a lemon and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Andrea,

We assume you have been at Kodikanal school in India in our house.
It's very nice to read that you're happy and pregnant.
Hope all will go well...

Karel and Marijke Roos
the Netherlands

Andrea said...

Unfortunately, I haven't been to your house. I still haven't made it to India, although I'm dying to go!!! I'm curious how you found my blog? Thanks for the well wishes.