Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A houseful of barfed-in sinks

This morning morning started with a good barf in the toilet. I'm used to it happening in the sink while brushing my teeth. I've come to know that brushing my teeth the moment I get up is a big no-no. So today I headed for my computer to check email, and I felt that nagging feeling...What's going on? I just felt so mediocre a minute ago and now..run run run....blaaaaah.

From the bathroom sink, I went to the kitchen to take my new anti-nausea prescription, which I reserve for days that begin like this. I don't take them for heartburn, I don't take them for general nausea which could be all day every day. I only take them if barf happens. So, once in the kitchen, I opened the cupboard, reached for a glass, and oops!!! run run run......blaaaah, right in my freshly cleaned kitchen sink.

I finally get the pill down, and feel relatively sure that it'll work it's magic, but am on constant guard that IT might happen again.

At the end of 6 weeks, the morning sickness came like clockwork...just like all the early pregnancy articles I've read said. It seems like no one can agree on singular reason for morning sickness, why it effects some and not others, and why different things trigger it. Is it elevated hormones? Is it that your abdominal contents are being shifted around to make room for your new huge uterus and all the other stuff doesn't like getting shoved out of the way? Or is it the baby Jesus's way of telling new Moms that from this point forward, it's not about you anymore. (Don't feel good? Too bad, get up. Feel like throwing up? Too bad, go feed the baby. All you need is a little more sleep? Maybe in the next lifetime). It's all out of your control from this point on.

And just in case I'm right, and this morning sickness is trying to teach me that I'm not going to be in control for the rest of my life, please hear me, whoever you are, that I get it. I don't need any more barfing to understand...the babies have taken over.

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm sorry you feel so crappy. That truly does suck. First infertility, then horrible m/s. Lucky you, right?

Unknown said...

It's amazing the power two tiny blueberries can wield!

Looks like Project Runway is a repeat tonite. Bummer. Can't the blueberries do something about that???